The Weekly Links post highlights important or interesting writing from the hockey blogosphere and media. Enjoy!
- Retired NHL’er Mike Comrie is currently under investigation for rape allegations. [The Score]
- Corey Hirsch penned a must-read piece for [The Player’s Tribune] detailing his struggle with obsessive compulsive disorder.
- Looks like good news for the CWHL with an NHLPA partnership on the horizon. [The Ice Garden]
- Here’s a feel good story about people coming together to help a predominantly black youth hockey team in Maryland after a fire damaged their rink. [The Color of Hockey]
- Katelyn Gosling talks the CWHL and the potential for growing the women’s game. [Western Gazette]
- Our very own Cheryl McDonald hung out with the Oiler’s this week promoting You Can Play, Pride Tape, and Hockey is for Everyone month:
- Meet Zhou Yunjie, the Chinese billionaire who wants to grow hockey in China. [The Hockey News]
- We know the NFL is at “war” with concussion research, but the NHL has been waging a stealthy battle behind the scenes as well. [TSN]
- Great piece on Willie O’Ree, segregation in the NHL, and playing with impaired vision. [The Undefeated]
- [The NHL] highlighted Jujhar Khaira, who is only the third Indo-Canadian to skate in the big league!
- It appears that Hayley Wickenheiser is a fan of Adele!