The Weekly Links post highlights important or interesting writing from the hockey blogosphere and media. Enjoy!
- Rest in peace Matthew Wuest, founder of the popular and impactful website Cap Geek. Matthew passed away from cancer this week. [Puck Daddy]
- If you missed Vicky Grygar’s open letter to CHL President David Branch about the compensation of junior players, be sure to give it a read. [Hockey in Society]
- Jane Macdougall, who was married to ex-NHL goalie Kirk Mclean, has an insightful article about the stresses of being a hockey spouse. [National Post]
- Arden Zwelling with an in-depth article on New York Islanders prospect Josh Ho-Sang, who has drawn much criticism from the Canadian hockey establishment but remains conscious of how he acts and is perceived within a conservative hockey culture. [Sportsnet]
- A great long-form piece by Blake J. Harris on the development of EA’s popular NHL video game series. [Read only Memory]
- Congratulations to your 2015 Canadian Interuniversity Sport hockey champions: Western University (women’s) and University of Alberta (men). [The Hockey News]
- Participation in minor league hockey is declining in Canada. This post examines some of the factors, including unnecessary costs and time commitments. [Minor Hockey Life]